- Obituary Listings – Obituary Listings is the online index to the Library’s microfilm collection, which covers from 1822 to the present. A print version of the Index, along with the microfilm of the Erie newspapers is available for viewing in the Heritage Room on the second floor of the Blasco Library. Obituaries can also be obtained by mail.
- Consumer Reports – Testing products since 1936. Consumer Reports is an expert, independent, nonprofit organization whose mission is to work for a fair, just, and safe marketplace for all consumers and to empower consumers to protect themselves.
- POWER Library – The POWER Library is a collection of databases from the PA Online World of Electronic Resources, including OmniFile Mega (magazine index) and OmniFile Select (magazine index with full text), Auto Repair Reference Center (car repair information), Access Pennsylvania Database (catalog of PA libraries) and other informational databases.
- FACTS.com -
The link for Facts.Com takes you to a site called Infobased Learning with two sub-sites entitled: Today’s Science that bridges the gap between the sciences taught in classrooms and the actual discoveries and Issues and Controversies that list pros and cons on a subject.
- Magazine Indexes- Magazine indexes has a collection of magazine indexes with and without full text, including OmniFile Full Text Select, OmniFile Full Text Select, Readers’ Guide Full Text Mega and other magazine indexes. Specialized indexes such as General Science Full Text, GreenFILE, Social Sciences Full Text and other indexes are available.A selection of fiction and non-fiction eBooks are available to download from the magazine index section.
- HeritageQuest – Heritage Quest is an online genealogical resource that can be accessed remotely. Heritage Quest contains several databases including a searchable database of the 1790 to 1939 Federal Censuses, a database containing periodical articles where you may find information about your ancestors and records from the American Revolutionary War. Heritage Quest is a valuable source for anyone who is tracing their family tree.
- Reference Links – A collection of librarian selected websites on a variety of subjects, including Art, Parenting, Science, Sports and many other subjects.
- ReferenceUSA – ReferenceUSA is a telephone and information database that contains information on 14 million US businesses, 1.5 million Canadian business, 89 million US residences and other databases. The business entries contain specific information about the business, while the residential listings give general information about neighborhoods.
- Learning Express Test Preparation – Learning Express Test Preparation allows you to take practice tests for a wide variety of jobs, including nursing, military, cosmetology, EMT and many other careers. Those who are taking the GED will find practice tests plus other information to help them to pass the GED. Learning Express also has ebooks to help you with your job search and career preparation.
- Mango Languages – Mango Languages is a fun and easy way to learn one of over 35 foreign languages, including French, Italian, Spanish and even Pirate. Mango also has 15 courses for non-English speaking people to learn English. Mango is available 24/7 from any Internet connected computer.
- World Vital Records – WorldVitalRecords.com provides easy access to over 4.2 billion names from family history records collections worldwide, including census records; birth, death and marriage records; military records and other records, including international.
- Contemporary Authors – Contemporary Authors is a database that has biographical and bibliographical about authors. The entries included brief personal information, a review of the author’s career and a list of books, periodicals and other writings. One option allows you to read the information as it would appear in the print edition.
- Morningstar Investment Research Center – Morningstar Investment Research Center is an online database designed specifically for individual investors. It includes research on more than 41,000 stocks, mutual funds, and exchange-traded funds. The Interactive Investing Classroom features courses on every aspect of stock and fund investing and building a portfolio.