The Erie County Public Library consists of five locations strategically placed throughout Erie County: the Blasco Library located in downtown Erie which serves as the main Branch and District Library Center, the Edinboro Branch, the Iroquois Branch located in Lawrence Park, the Lincoln Community Center in Farview, and the Millcreek Branch located near the Millcreek Mall.
The following equipment and services are available at the all ECPL locations:
- Public Access Computers – Windows 7, CD/DVD drive, USB ports, audio jacks
- Internet access, Microsoft Office 2016, Adobe Reader*
- Copy and Scanning
- Printing (black & white and color),
- Wireless Internet (Wi-Fi) for all wireless devices, no password or library card required
- Designated Programming Rooms
* Additional equipment and software for media creation are available in the Idea Lab Makerspace and Media Lab.
Public PC’s at all ECPL locations use the PC Reservation program and require a valid library card in good standing for Internet use. Guest Passes are available upon request.
Branch Library Facilities
All ECPL branches have a programming/Community Room available for rental. Please contact ECPL branches directly for more information.
Blasco Library Facilities
The Blasco Library includes the H.O. Hirt Auditorium, the Admiral Room, the Peninsula Room, a variety of quite areas, reading areas, study rooms, public computers and Wi-Fi.
Public Internet Access at Blasco Library
There are 36 computers available at the Blasco Library with Internet access and the Microsoft Office 2016 Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher. The 2nd Floor Internet Lab also has two Assistive Technology computers available, and the Parent-Child Computer Area.
There are three computers available in the Teen Services area for persons aged 12-17, and three public computers in the Mead Children’s Library for children ages 11 and younger.
Wi-Fi is available throughout the building for mobile and laptop use.
Print from Anywhere is also available from laptops and mobile devices to the 2nd Floor Internet Lab.
Color and Black & White printing is available. Scanning to email is available at the 2nd Floor Internet and in the Heritage Room.
View our Internet Use Policy
First Floor – Window Area
The Admiral Meeting Room
The Admiral Meeting Room, located in the lobby of the Blasco Memorial Library, is available for use by community groups. Please view the ADMIRAL ROOM POLICY for scheduling requirements, reservation fees, and other information related to rental of the Admiral Room. Reservations are taken on a first come, first served basis.
General information about the Admiral Room is as follows:
- The room seats 30-35 people comfortably in a classroom style set up.
- The room should be reserved at least 30 days prior to the event being scheduled.
- The room is available for use during Blasco Library hours
- For general questions about the Admiral Room, or make a reservation request, please call 451-7320 and leave a message that includes the following information:
- Your name and the name of your group
- Telephone number where you can be reached during the day
- The date(s) that you are interested in scheduling the room
H. O. Hirt Auditorium
The H. O. Hirt Auditorium is located at the west end of the building. It is available to the residents and organizations of Erie County for educational, civic, and cultural meetings and events.
This facility accommodates 288 seats (134 on the main floor, 154 on elevated side and balcony). Requests must be submitted at least 30 days in advance. Requests will be scheduled in order of receipt.
For a complete list of rules, requirements, etc. concerning the auditorium, please see the H.O. HIRT AUDITORIUM POLICY.
For more information and scheduling, please call (814) 451-7320.