Don’t have a barcode? You can pre-register online for a temporary library card. PLEASE NOTE: Online Registration is for new cards only*.
*If you already have a library card: your default Password/PIN is your 7 digit phone number (no area code, no dashes), unless you have previously changed it. You can change the default setting by logging into My Account.
*If you need to renew or replace your library card: please visit your nearest Erie County Public Library branch.
- Online registrations become active immediately.
- You can place up to 5 holds.
- The ability to borrow digital and print materials requires a physical library card.
You have 10 business days to come to the library with identification to pick up your card. If you are under 18, you may need to have a parent or legal guardian co-sign your registration when you pick up your physical card.
Find out what information you will need to complete your registration at the library.
PLEASE NOTE: This application is a CONTRACT, so read it carefully. Please bring your photo ID with proof of current address to your nearest library branch to obtain your permanent card.
- Be financially responsible for material borrowed with this card.
- Inform the library if my residence or email address changes.
- Monitor the material my child selects and checks out on this card.
- Pay all fines/charges for the late return, loss of or damage to all material borrowed on this card.
- Report a lost/stolen card immediately; I am solely responsible for lost/stolen items on my card until I report it lost/stolen.
The library will:
- Hold parent/guardian solely responsible for ensuring material borrowed by their child/ward is appropriate. The library’s collection serves a wide diversity of customers and therefore contains material some could feel is inappropriate.
- Hold parent/guardian of a minor (those age 18 and under) responsible for fines/charges for late return of or damage to material borrowed with this card until the card expires.