The Iroquois branch will be closed on Saturday, August 30th due to sewer line issues. We expect the branch to be open on Tuesday.
Blasco Library, Admiral Room
Friday, August 29: 10:00am – 5:00pm
Saturday , August 30: 9:00am – 4:00pm
Hosted by the Friends of the Library.
Tuesday, September 9th: 9:00am – 12:00pm – Intro to PC’s/Internet
Thursday, September 11th: 5:00pm – 8:00pm – Intro to Laptops
Tuesday, September 16th: 9:00am – 12:00pm – Intro to Files and Folders
Thursday, September 18th: 5:00pm – 8:00pm – Intro to Word
Tuesday, September 23rd: 9:00am – 12:00pm – Intro to Publisher
Thursday, September 25th: 5:00pm – 8:00pm – Intro to PowerPoint
Tuesday, September 30th: 9:00am – 12:00pm – Intro to Excel
A $5.00 fee per class is required to reserve a seat. Come to the Information Hub at the Blasco Library to reserve your seat.
For more Information or to reserve your seat, please call 451-6927.
Computer classes are sponsored by the Friends of the Erie County Public Library.
Summer is beginning to wind down—that’s the sad news portion of this Library Update alert. The good news is that you might not even miss it. And it’s because there are so many great things going on at the Erie County Public Library. Take a look—
· August 12th is Erie Gives Day! Please support either the Friends of the Erie County Public Library or the Erie Regional Library Foundation on that day.
· Do you know an Art teacher who is looking for space to display their student masterpieces? Read on…
· The Teen Reading Lounge is making it’s debut at the Library this fall, with activities for older children and teens.
· We will be accepting applications soon for our popular Artist in Residence program. Do YOU have what it takes?
· WQLN is hosting the Jump! Back to School Expo. Please stop and say hello to your friendly folks from the Library while you’re there!
Check it out!
Erie County Public Library
160 East Front Street
Erie PA 16507
To receive our newsletter via email, go to our e-newsletter sign-up page, click the box in front of Library Newsletter, enter your email address in the space provided at the bottom and click subscribe.
Every Tuesday in August: 6:00pm – 7:00pm – Iroquois Avenue Branch Library, 4212 Iroquois Ave.
Call 451-7082 to register for classes at the Iroquois Branch.
Every Thursday in August: 10:30am – 11:30am – Blasco Library, 160 E Front St.
Call 451-6927 to register for classes at the Blasco Library
Jeff Castle will be teaching these free Qigong classes. Qigong is the practice of aligning breath, movement, and awareness for exercise and meditation. This event requires preregistration.